My Facebook Account Was Disabled

Facebook; one billion of us utilize it monthly. We publish our lives and our memories to it. We use it to get in touch with loved ones, close friends and also colleagues. Several of us even service it, running events, marketing and also managing neighborhoods and also establishing on its platform. It has actually turned into one of those solutions that you can not live without or avoid. My Facebook Account Was Disabled - A few of us think that we can, that we do not truly live through Facebook which we can put it down and also stop anytime we seem like, yet those people are wrong. This isn't really social crack-like addiction anymore, it's progressed to something a lot larger than that.


My Facebook Account Was Disabled


Five days ago, I was banned from Facebook, I'm not sure why. I logged right into my account as regular and also was confronted with the following message:


Additional assessment revealed that I had become 'ineligible' to use Facebook which 'for safety as well as security factors' I had not been enabled to know why.

Upon examination, we have figured out that you are disqualified to use Facebook. Unfortunately, for safety and security as well as safety and security reasons, we can not give added info about why your account was Disabled. This decision is final.

Emails to Facebook's "My Account Has Been Disabled" group didn't show much assistance either, stating the points on their FAQ web page and also saying that their decision is final.

Being the clever and also whiny person that I am, I required to Twitter to duct my stress as well as hound my calls up until I located somebody elderly at Facebook in the UK to email. I got a reply within a hr, saying that my query was being explored, however no assurances on figuring out why my account has been Disabled or renewing it. The complying with day I obtained an additional reply stating that regrettably, as a result of a shared individual link, he was incapable in order to help or assist me in my circumstance as a result of a "individual security policy".

I needed Facebook more than I thought

My very first instinctive reaction to losing Facebook was the really generation-typical "meh". I mean who REQUIRES Facebook anyway, right? I took care of to deal with the initial 18 years of my life without it. No biggie, carry on with life as regular. I was heading out that evening anyway, it makes a terrific pub tale and I such as being the centre of interest. I can sink my sorrows and also entertain my friends. If anything, not getting on Facebook appeared terrific for some time.

It was time to leave then it hit me. Earlier on that day there had been an upgrade to the Facebook web page for the occasion I was attending, an adjustment of area. Naturally I logged right into Facebook and also saw that "Your account has been Disabled message" once more. I really did not know where I was supposed to go and also I could not inspect Facebook to figure out either.

No concerns, I have the event kept in a calendar on my Windows Phone. I flipped open up to my calendar and sought the consultation as well as it wasn't there. The schedule was syncing with Facebook when my account came to be Disabled, for safety reasons, every one of my Facebook occasions were removed from my schedule. Shit.

Not a trouble, I'll phone Russell, he was organising the event so might inform me where to go. I looked for Russell's number in my get in touches with and ... no results, he would certainly disappeared. James? He existed as an email address and a Twitter take care of however no telephone number. Sean? Very same again. My phone's contacts had been syncing with Facebook, Twitter and also LinkedIn, however not in fact saving any data to the phone or Exchange. Every one of the numbers were being drawn in from Facebook and without a Facebook account, I really did not have any Facebook friends as well as no numbers to pull in. Fuck.

Thankfully my text messages were still secure, I wasn't entirely shed. I discovered an old text thread with Russell, telephoned him and also included the number as a new contact to my phone. I was saved for the evening and it ended up not to be quite the calamity I feared, however it started to dawn on me just what does it cost? I 'd expanded to rely on one platform.

I run an occasion and also an event video business. I handle their Facebook Pages and also Events, only I can't do that any longer. The Pages and also Occasions are still there thankfully (unlike my personal account, pictures and all of the data associated with those), however I could no more access them. My service partners still have gain access to, but I do not. An aggravating spot, but something I guess we could collaborate with, they're going to need to handle my Facebook obligations.

More than simply an account

Facebook login for appsNetflix, Spotify, Foursquare as well as an entire huge selection of various other applications as well as services that I use with Facebook verification are currently off restricts to me. A few of them have extra ways to visit to their solutions and also the support groups of a few others have handled to assist me out too. Not all hope shed there.

Losing my phone contacts, calendar consultations and application logins to various other solutions were all troubles, however they were points I can deal with immediately and also discover various other methods around, small stuff.

Shedding my archive of memories, my messages, my images, my teams, my Pages, my Occasions, anything I actually RELY UPON Facebook for though is frustrating. There's no chance to obtain this details out of Facebook as soon as your account has been Disabled, it's all 'gone'.

Inning accordance with the company's actions, Facebook's decision is final. There's no way I can get back on the service and also there's no way I could get my data back and also there's no chance I can understand why I have actually come to be ineligible for an account. Facebook's regards to solutions likewise stop me from ever producing an additional Facebook account once again, not that this would really solve any kind of concerns of missing out on data, however it would certainly enable me to begin to reconstruct something and also in fact make use of the service for some of the things I've expanded to count on it for.

Facebook insurance claim that they have actually made an examination into my account which the outcome of that was the decision to 'outlaw' me, for desire of a better word. Living in the UK, and also Facebook operating here, indicates that I should have the ability to ask for the details and supporting evidence of their examination under the Data Defense Act and Facebook's duty as an Information Controller. I have actually filed this demand yet have yet to listen to back from them. If I have actually done something to break their terms of service, which to my knowledge I haven't, fair cop and I'll go quietly. Shedding the service isn't really the concern thus, it's the lack of description and also capacity to get my data.

Losing my Facebook account isn't really the end of the real world, but it has resembled being completion of my on-line globe. Consider this a modern retelling of the fable regarding keeping all of your eggs in one basket and relying upon one service to always be there for you. Consider what occurs if you were to instantly be switched off from Facebook tomorrow. Besides the cold turkey withdrawal signs you'll be experiencing, think of what it indicates to shed 5 years of your life as well as the capacity to immediately interact with a large network of your buddies and also peers.

This tale doesn't yet have a conclusion. I'm not exactly sure exactly what I would certainly recommend to anybody that ended up in the very same scenario, there's not actually much you can do. When Facebook determines to reduce you off as well as never let you back in, good luck getting a solution from them, your data, or even back on the solution.

I think the remedy would certainly be to never ever register to Facebook, however that's ending up being significantly harder. We organise events with it, we interact with pals on it, we hesitate on it, we work on it, we reside on Facebook. Only I do not, not any longer.